Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Happy 3 Year Anniversary, Luke!
I may not always tell you how wonderful you are and thank you for everything you do for our family. So I decided to tell you, and the world.
• Thank you for always cleaning up the dishes after dinner.
• Thank you for learning the “Hot Dog” dance because Kate likes it.
• Thank you for going to the gym and keeping your hot bod!
• Thank you for not missing one single OB appointment during my pregnancy.
• Thank you for understanding that lack of sleep can do crazy things to me.
• Thank you for filling my car up with gas, especially when it’s cold outside!
• Thank you for choosing family time over football with the guys on Sundays (I know what a big deal this is to you!)
• Thank you for encouraging me to take a risk and start my business. I now have a career that I love and I never would have had the courage to start it, if it weren’t for you.
• Thank you for working really hard to provide for our family so I can spend most of my time with Kate.
• Thank you for keeping up with our checkbook and paying bills on time.
• Thank you for understanding that keeping Kate’s nighttime routine consistent is more important than meeting friends for dinner.
• Thank you for forgiving me when I don’t communicate well.
• Thank you for giving me backrubs practically every night.
• Thank you for reading Dr. Bradley’s “Husband Coached Childbirth” cover to cover and going to 12 weeks of Bradley Method Classes to learn how to help me through Kate’s delivery.
• Thank you for learning the words to the “Oompa Loompa Song” because Kate likes it.
• Thank you for always getting me really thoughtful gifts.
• Thank you for telling me I’m beautiful even when I have on no makeup and my hair looks terrible.
• Thank you for showing me kindness everyday, even if I don’t really deserve it.
• Thank you for folding and putting away the laundry when I wash and dry it (teamwork, baby!)
• Thank you for doing Kate’s nighttime routine- bath, bottle, books and singing- every single night.
• Thank you for your constant companionship.
• Thank you for folding the towels the exact way I like them folded.
• Thank you for making muffins and pancakes for me on Sunday mornings.
• Thank you for supporting my efforts to exclusively breastfeed Kate by helping me get her positioned correctly and checking her latch- you helped us get off to a great start!
• Thank you for taking care of all the “manly” chores that I would hate to do (mowing the yard, taking out the trash.)
• Thank you for doing all of my sister’s handy-man work until she got a good boyfriend to help her with that stuff.
• Thank you for being the most wonderful husband and father I could have ever imagined. You really are my knight in shining armor!
• Thank you for being my best friend.
• Thank you for being you.
I love you more than you could ever know.